Saturday, 25 August 2012

Oh, My English!!!





English has got its place as the most general language for the International Business world. People of all places must speak English to mingle with English-speaking environments and be successful. 


To improve my English first, I will learn the basic reading and listening abilities of English. This helps enhance my basic understanding over the language. By spending at least an hour every day, listening to news or discussion programs will gradually get me used to the speed and tone of what they are talking about. It's best to spend twenty to thirty minutes on listening separately.

Well reading on English news or articles for few hours every day, builds up vocabulary, idioms, phrases, and grammar of English structures. With enough reading, I can save a lot of time since I will not need to spend more time on building my vocabulary or grammar. Reading out loud when I doing my reading is a way to improve my pronunciation and helps me to pronounce correctly. I will use English-English dictionary from my smart phone wherever I go. If I find some words that unfamiliar to me, I will always check them up in my smart phone immediately.
Besides, I will start to think in English. This will help me to get used to using English and will make it easier to listen and react with spontaneously. Other than that i will join any web groups or clubs where I can post questions and freely discuss them with other more talented members.

The activity that I most love when it comes to English language is the Dictation. Dictation is defined as the action of saying words aloud to be typed, or written down. It’s a fun activity to be carried out with my friends and an excellent way to improve my listening and spelling skills. The more fun way is to listen from our favorite English movies or drama such as Twilight or Glee, then write down what we heard. Have a friend read a few paragraphs from a book, a newspaper or even more fun from my favorite movies, then write down what you think you hear. Compare what you have written with the actual text. This activity tends go more get fun when a gang of friends involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment